Let’s face it, Manhattan can be an expensive city and every once in a while you inevitably look into the depths of your wallet and think, “Where did it all go?”. Then you remember the expensive dinners you had, the fancy cocktails you drank, the movies you watched, the beers you enjoyed with friends, and it all makes sense as you watch your hard earned cash float away from you. With that in mind, we’ve put together our Top 5 awesome and inexpensive activities and deals for spending time alone, with friends, or even on a date.
1. Huckleberry Bar in Williamsburg, Brooklyn: Every Monday night starting at 9pm, Huckleberry Bar hosts a movie night along with a 2-for-1 drink special and fresh popcorn. Can’t make it on Monday? Wednesday nights are Wine Nights, starting at 8pm you can get 2-for-1 glasses of a variety of wines and to top it off they have a kitchen and a backyard.
2. Smorgasburg & Brooklyn Flea in Williamsburg, Brooklyn: Currently sharing a weekend warehouse space, come browse for interesting goodies in the Flea section, and then browse for interesting snacks in the food section at Smorgasburg. Keep in mind, in April the Flea and the Smorg will be moving back outside for the warmer months.
3. Karaoke at Iggy’s on the UES: Weekend afternoons are the best time for Iggy’s. Come with a large group and call ahead, this bar will set you up with $3 drink deals, only charge $50 for the group, and let you take over the whole back karaoke room. Be prepared to sing you little heart out.
4. Dinner and a Movie at Nitehawk Cinema: Nithawk Cinema is another Williamsburg gem. They show the latest movies for just $11 and offer a full menu to nosh on while you watch. On Saturday mornings they also offer Saturday morning Cartoons with cocktails and a free sugary cereal bar.
5. Weekend Wine School at Chelsea Wine Vault: Tucked inside Chelsea Market is Chelsea Wine Vault. Every weekend from 2:30-3:30pm, for just $20, you can get a wine lesson on a chosen wine region or wine style along with a generous pour of 4 different glasses of wines. If you can’t make a weekend class, they also do a $20 Friday Night Flights class from 7-8pm.
If you’re in need of a New York PR Agency, please contact AMP3 PR at 646-827-9594 or email us at email@example.com.
Share this Post