Taking Back Sunday is having a YouTube cover song contest for their new album “New Again” . The Contest will begin Thursday June 4th 2009 and will last until June 26th 2009. See below for full contest details from the official contest site:
Produce a video cover of one of TBS’s songs off their new album “New Again.” The cover song MUST be from the new album, and the title of your video should include the following: your name, the song’s title, and Taking Back Sunday. Criteria you will be judged on, in order of importance:
1. Originality of your rendition (it doesn’t have to be just you and a guitar. Any type of rendition is allowed, including everything from a full school band to an a cappella cover!)
2. Sound quality / Video production quality
3. Number of Views and Ratings on YouTube – (promote your video!)
There will be 3 winners selected. The top 3 cover videos will be featured on the Taking Back Sunday YouTube Channel, Official Website, Official MySpace, and Facebook page. In addition, the 3 winners will get a Limited Edition Taking Back Sunday “Car Kit” and a phone call from the band!
* SUBMISSION DEADLINE – Friday, June 26, 2009 (11:59pm EST). Entries will start being accepted as of Thursday, June 4, 2009.
* Challenge finalists will be selected by a panel including members from the band, as well as Warner Brothers Records. The winning videos will be announced on Tuesday June 30th, 2009.
* This contest is open to anyone, from any country, of any age.
* Videos can be any style: animated, live action, serious, humorous…just make it creative!
* Videos cannot be longer than 7 minutes or shorter than 3 minutes.
* If you don’t play an instrument, feel free to use a backing track to help you. We’re looking for originality and creativity.
* Only covers from the new album “New Again” are being considered!
HOW TO ENTER
1. Make your video
*Note: You MUST cover a song off the new album, “New Again,” ONLY!
2. Create a YouTube account if you don’t already have one.
3. Upload your video to YouTube:
Go to the Taking Back Sunday Cover Song Contest group page on YouTube and click “Join the Group”. Choose “add videos” at the top right corner of the page. Select the video(s) from your list of videos to add to this group. Check the box and then click the “Add to Group” button. Click “Done.”
4. The title of your video must include the following: your name, the song’s title, and Taking Back Sunday.
5. Go to TBSCoverContest.com and let us know that you’ve entered the contest in the comments section! Make sure you leave your name, a valid email address, along with the URL for the video you entered. [NOTE: Winners will be notified via email, so be sure to enter a valid address!] 6. Spread the word by telling all your friends to rate your video and by encouraging other TBS fans to enter their own videos!
If you have any questions, contact Alyson Campbell at TakingBackSunday@AMP3pr.com.
Share this Post