Watch Kim Cameron’s Interview on The District Dish!
Dion Roy Record Release Party Wrap Up
Dion Roy’s record release party featured a packed house, thanks to everyone who came out! Not only were friends, family and loyal fans in the audience; the release was picked up by The Post-It Place, Socially Superlative, Guest of a Guest, and Living Free in the NYC.
Dion performed fan favorites “You Can’t Take”, and “Come Back Around”, as well as a new song off his next album and a cover of The Verve’s “Bittersweet Symphony”.
Dion Roy is a singer/songwriter making a name for himself on the indie music scene. His influences range from Ryan Adams, and Damien Rice, to Keane and Snow Patrol. You can find Dion at several NYC music scene staples including Pianos, The Red Lion, Arctica Bar, and The Bitter End.
The album is available on iTunes, and Amazon, as well as directly through his official site here.
Below are a few photos from the show.
AMP3 PR Sponsors ZME Contest
*Taken from ZME Music
AMP3 PR will sponsor ZME Music’s two year anniversary giveaway contest found here.
The giveaway is divided into three parts, as a separate contest for each artist/AMP3 PR client: Kim Cameron, lead singer of alt rock ensemble Side Fx Band, rock musician Dion Roy, and alternative rock band Taking Back Sunday.
ZME Music states,
To win, you’ll have to write up a very brief, ~30 words review of a song of your choice performed by any of the three artists, together with a 1 to 10 mark. Just post the review in the comments section at the end of this post AND for Kim Cameron and the Side FX band, you must also post the review on their “Graffiti Wall” (http://sidefxband.net/graffiti.asp), or their Amazon or iTunes profile. For Dion Roy, please also post your review on his Amazon or iTunes page, or in the comments section of his website at the bottom of the Music page (http://dionroy.com/music/).
If you want, you can choose to review a song from all three artists and thus you’ll get the chance of winning even more prizes. You can stream songs at the artists’ websites. Winners will be picked by ZME, according to the degree of objectivity of the reviews, so be careful with the bias.
-KIM CAMERON contest:
1st place: 1 CD of Kim Cameron’s latest album “Contradictions” and a T-shirt of your choice http://sidefxband.net/store.asp
2nd place: 1 CD of Kim Cameron’s latest album “Contradictions”
3rd place: 1 Side FX one year membership http://sidefxband.net/membership.asp
-DION ROY contest:
1st place : 1 signed “Gallery” CD and all 9 “limited edition” collectors Dion Roy pins.
2nd place: 1 CD of Dion Roy’s latest album “Gallery.”
-TAKING BACK SUNDAY contest:
1st place: 3 “New Again” CDs
On behalf ZME Music in celebration of their two year anniversary, ZME will also giveaway a slightly used 8GB iPod Touch from fellow ZME’er Andrei. In order to with the iTouch, you must leave one review of any of the three artists above, and subscribe to the ZME blog (free) via the subscription form at the end of the contest post here http://www.zmemusic.com/other/contest/zme-contest-records-records-records/ . The winner will be chosen at random (via random.org) Once all comments are made here by the deadline.
AMP3 PR Launches Taking Back Sunday YouTube Cover Contest
Taking Back Sunday is having a YouTube cover song contest for their new album “New Again” . The Contest will begin Thursday June 4th 2009 and will last until June 26th 2009. See below for full contest details from the official contest site:
Produce a video cover of one of TBS’s songs off their new album “New Again.” The cover song MUST be from the new album, and the title of your video should include the following: your name, the song’s title, and Taking Back Sunday. Criteria you will be judged on, in order of importance:
1. Originality of your rendition (it doesn’t have to be just you and a guitar. Any type of rendition is allowed, including everything from a full school band to an a cappella cover!)
2. Sound quality / Video production quality
3. Number of Views and Ratings on YouTube – (promote your video!)
There will be 3 winners selected. The top 3 cover videos will be featured on the Taking Back Sunday YouTube Channel, Official Website, Official MySpace, and Facebook page. In addition, the 3 winners will get a Limited Edition Taking Back Sunday “Car Kit” and a phone call from the band!
* SUBMISSION DEADLINE – Friday, June 26, 2009 (11:59pm EST). Entries will start being accepted as of Thursday, June 4, 2009.
* Challenge finalists will be selected by a panel including members from the band, as well as Warner Brothers Records. The winning videos will be announced on Tuesday June 30th, 2009.
* This contest is open to anyone, from any country, of any age.
* Videos can be any style: animated, live action, serious, humorous…just make it creative!
* Videos cannot be longer than 7 minutes or shorter than 3 minutes.
* If you don’t play an instrument, feel free to use a backing track to help you. We’re looking for originality and creativity.
* Only covers from the new album “New Again” are being considered!
HOW TO ENTER
1. Make your video
*Note: You MUST cover a song off the new album, “New Again,” ONLY!
2. Create a YouTube account if you don’t already have one.
3. Upload your video to YouTube:
Go to the Taking Back Sunday Cover Song Contest group page on YouTube and click “Join the Group”. Choose “add videos” at the top right corner of the page. Select the video(s) from your list of videos to add to this group. Check the box and then click the “Add to Group” button. Click “Done.”
4. The title of your video must include the following: your name, the song’s title, and Taking Back Sunday.
5. Go to TBSCoverContest.com and let us know that you’ve entered the contest in the comments section! Make sure you leave your name, a valid email address, along with the URL for the video you entered. [NOTE: Winners will be notified via email, so be sure to enter a valid address!]
6. Spread the word by telling all your friends to rate your video and by encouraging other TBS fans to enter their own videos!
If you have any questions, contact Alyson Campbell at [email protected]