Elline Surianello, Founder of LeMetric Hair Center Inc., came to AMP3 PR to get her salon more exposure, and to expand its image beyond a simple brick-and-mortar shop. The salon is exclusively dedicated to women with hair loss, and Elline herself has been suffering from androgenetic alopecia since her early teenage years.
AMP3 strategically built upon Elline’s pre-existing “human interest” story about her struggles with hair loss and her mission to empower women, and turned Elline into a “expert personality”. Besides transforming Elline into a sassy expert on women’s hair loss, we have branded Elline as a champion for female self-confidence and empowerment.
We also spread her message of empowerment across the web, and to a global audience, thanks to her YouTube channel, which we conceptualized. The YouTube video diary was created to build Elline as a mentor figure for women across the world, someone whom women could look up to as a woman who had turned her life around and didn’t let her hair loss get in the way of fulfilling her goals and feeling strong and confident. We directed and shot all 100+ videos on her YouTube channel, some of which have received over 10,000 hits. Elline now receives fan mail on a regular basis from women around the world who thank her for taking the issue of women’s hair loss out of the closet.
Since signing with AMP3, Elline’s business has grown from one location in New York City, to 6 locations including Phoenix, Philadelphia, Chicago, Toronto and Calgary as a direct result of our PR efforts. We have also secured a strategic partnership with Saks Fifth Avenue for a series of women’s beauty events centered around the concept of reinvention, which are taking place at various Saks locations across the country alongside an Official Media Sponsor (also secured by AMP3), New Beauty Magazine.
Today, AMP3 is helping Elline with her first book about her journey with hair loss.
• TV placements on all national networks: ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX as well as morning shows like Good Morning America, and other programs like The Joan Hamburg Show, local New York 1, as well as the Lifetime Network
• Print placements in all the major national hair trade magazines including: Modern Salon, Salon Today, Hair’s How, and Canadian Hairdresser
• Print placements in several women’s interest magazines including: Ladies’ Home Journal, Best Self Magazine, New Beauty and ELLE Canada
• 100+ YouTube videos talking about hair and empowerment
• Expansion from 1 New York City-based location, to 6 locations throughout the U.S. and Canada